Cold temperatures and harsh winter conditions can wreak havoc on your home’s HVAC and plumbing. Now that Spring has officially sprung, it’s a great time to make sure your systems are working properly. Read below for 8 of our most important Spring maintenance tips.
1. Before the heat hits, schedule to have your A/C system cleaned and serviced to maximize its performance and minimize energy usage. Click here to book an appointment with us today.
2. Turn on your outdoor spigot to check for any leaks, drips, or damage to the connectors or hoses caused by winter weather.
3. Clear your outdoor A/C unit of any debris or leaves, especially around the coils. These blockages can disrupt your unit’s airflow and energy efficiency. Also, make sure you always have 2 feet of clearance around the unit to keep it working effectively.
4. When it comes to Spring maintenance for your bathroom’s plumbing, it’s best to do the following: inspect your faucets for any drips or leaks, keep all your sink and shower drains clean and unclogged, and inspect your toilet and tank for leaks or cracks that may have formed over the colder months.
5. Get a programmable thermostat for complete control of your home’s temperature. Wi-Fi thermostats allow you to set the temperature even when you’re not home, saving you money on your energy bills. We recommend ecobee’s smart thermostats.
6. Now that the warmer temperatures are starting to arrive, you should check your pipes for any damage from freezing. Look over exposed pipes inside and outside your home, such as in the basement and under your sinks, to make sure they’re free of cracks.
7. Another great addition to your Spring maintenance to-do list is cleaning your home’s vents and registers. By keeping these airways clear of dust and other air contaminants you’ll improve your home’s air quality and keep your systems running efficiently.
8. It’s time to change your air conditioning and furnace filters again. Regularly replacing your filters every 2 to 3 months keeps your HVAC systems running smoothly and your home’s air cleaner. If you want to further clean your home’s air, consider installing a new fresh air system. For more information contact us here.
Following these tips will help keep your home’s HVAC and plumbing in great working order and might even save you money on your energy bills. We’re here for you if you need any help with your Spring maintenance. Feel free to contact us at any time by phone at (518) 584-4440 or online.
About the Author
Written by B&B Plumbing & Heating
Exclusive for JulieCoRealty.com