St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations in the NY Capital Region and Adirondacks
With St. Patrick’s Day 2023 this Friday, it’s time to think about donning your green and finding a place to celebrate your Irish pride for the holiday! Whether a family-friendly parade or late-night pub specials are more your speed, the New York Capital Region and Adirondacks have plenty in store to celebrate St. Patty’s.
Saratoga Area Events
If raising a pint is what you look forward on St. Patty’s Day, there is no shortage of places to celebrate! Here is a list of local places hosting parties on March 17th.
- The Local Pub and Teahouse opens early, at 10:30AM with $6 Guinness drafts. They will also be serving corned beef, cabbage, and soda bread all day! Tim Wechgelaer and Chris Carey will be playing from 7pm to 10pm.
- The Parting Glass Pub will be open at 11am. With no cover or reservations necessary, the Parting Glass is a great place to see Irish Stepdancers, Kevin McKrell, and Maggie’s Clan Irish Band.
- The Mill on Round Lake will have their patio open and fire pits going from 11:30AM! They will have outdoor games, giveaways, and Sean Lyons performing throughout the day.
- Harvey’s Restaurant and Bar opens at 11am and will provide a St. Patrick’s Day menu, complete with Guinness, a variety of Whiskeys, corned beef, and cabbage. They will also have Irish music, bag pipers, and step dancers performing!
- 30 Park will have a special menu of corned beef, cabbage, and boiled potatoes, starting at 4pm on the 17th. Jacksland will be performing as well!
- The Ice House will have The Ultimates performing at 7pm. They promise to be the best party rock band “in the 518”!
- Whitman Brewing is celebrating the day with the North & South Dakota’s, who will be playing from 6-9PM. They will also have food specials and a beer release to commemorate St. Patty’s!
- Speckled Pig Brewing is opening at noon and will have a pizza special, green beer, a March Madness kickoff, and live music from Christian DeFrancqueville starting at 6pm.
- Dock Brown’s Lakeside Tavern will have music by Pat Decker and a corned beef special! They are opening at 6pm on the 17th.
Adirondack Area Events
Take a look at some of the many festivities happening in the North Country on the 17th as well!
- The Tankard Taverne will have live music and St. Patty’s inspired food on both the 16th and 17th! Enjoy potato leek soup, reuben eggrolls, loaded boxty, corned beef and cabbage, and bangers and colcannon!
- Sham “Rock” the Block is Duffy’s Tavern’s event for St. Patrick’s Day. They will have corned beef dinners, live music, Irish step dancers, a keg toss, cornhole, and fire pits going throughout Friday and Saturday.
- Sully’s Tavern will be open Friday to Sunday with tons of fun each day! From Irish music to an Irish breakfast, they have you covered all weekend long!
- The Docksider will have takeout and reservations for St. Patrick’s! Their dinner service will start at 3pm on the 17th.
- Paradox Brewery will have a traditional Irish feast and the Mountain Gators Band on Friday.
- The Lake Harris Lodge is hosting an Open Mic Night for St. Patrick’s! All types of talents are welcome, and cocktails and dinner will be served as well.
- Gore Mountain will have a Leprechaun Hunt on March 18th at 10am! Come out and capture a leprechaun to win a prize.
- War Cannon Spirits is having their day of celebration from 11am to 9pm, with Irish food, Guinness and cocktails, and RC & the Ponders providing the music from 7-9pm.
- Maddens Pub will have drink and food specials, as well as swag, available at noon!
If a parade is more your style, head down to Clifton Park or Albany, or up to Chestertown, Old Forge, or Saranac Lake, for some St. Patrick’s Day fun!
What are you doing for St. Patrick’s Day? Don’t forget to don your green and enjoy this weekend’s festivities.
About the Author
By: Rachel Valerio
Exclusive for JulieCoRealty.com