How to Organize Your Bedroom for Better Sleep
What to keep on your nightstand. Keep the top of your nightstand simple and clutter-free, with just a few of these bedtime items:
- Bud vase of fresh flowers
- Current book
- Candle (unlit) with a relaxing scent (try lavender)
- Cup of herbal tea or carafe of water
Choose the right sheets. Always choose breathable natural fibers, not synthetics, which don’t allow your skin to breathe. Higher thread count doesn’t always mean higher quality, so trust your fingers to determine the feel of the sheets, and read reviews from those who have been living with the sheets for a while to get an idea of how well they hold up.
- Linen is cool in summer and can last forever if well cared for. It can feel nubby (even a bit rough) or smooth and quite soft, so try to feel your sheets in person before you buy.
- Cotton percale is what you want if you love the feel of “crisp” sheets. This classic fabric is smooth but firm and performs well in warm weather.
- Cotton sateen is very soft and smooth, almost silky in feel. It may not be the best choice in hot weather.
Read Full Article at Houzz.com