Opening Day at the Saratoga Race Track is July 13th, 2023! Each year, this highly-anticipated weekend draws thousands of horseracing fans to Saratoga Springs, with this year being no exception! If this is your first year attending a meet, you may be wondering what to wear at the track. From casual to formal, there is a place for every look at the track, however, take note that some seats do come with a dress code!
If you think of fascinators and bright floral dresses when you think of a day at the races, you wouldn’t be wrong! Beautiful hats and dresses are still seen at most track meets, and are definitely encouraged for the ladies! For specific guidelines, however, take a look at the following, seat-specific rules:
- For Box Seats, a suit/sport jacket or dress, skirt or slacks are required.
- At the Paddock Area, collared shirts or dresses, skirts, or slacks would be appropriate.
- The Clubhouse asks for no abbreviated wear – meaning nothing short, cut-off, or too revealing.
- The Rail advises that jackets/blazers are optional and vests, collared shirts, dresses, and slacks
- At the Grandstand, informal attire is allowed, as long as a shirt and shoes are worn!
Take a look at this guide for a more detailed list of what to wear in each setting
Wherever your seats are, never fear being overdressed! The track is a great place to wear your best “out on the town” outfit or Sunday best! Hats and fascinators on the ladies, with fedoras on the gentlemen, are always a staple at the track. Think bright and bold for summer meets, with florals and patterns taking center stage. And don’t forget to accessorize, from big shades to fend off the sun to chunky necklaces or bowties, bright heels or feathers in your hat.
Fashion at the Race Track is a vibrant, integral part of summers in Saratoga. Enjoy embracing your fun, unique style at the meets this year!
About the Author
By: Rachel Valerio
Exclusive for JulieCoRealty.com